Who needs this Visa?
- A citizen from a foreign country who wishes to join a yacht as a crew member, sailing out and cruising in the United States waters for more than 29 days.
- The yachting industry is considered a private means of transport. Therefore, whether commercial or for pleasure, there is no set itinerary and requires a B1/B2 visa.
- The standard crew member visa (C1/D) is primarily intended for airline personnel and commercial seafarers such as cruise ship, cargo, and ferry employees.
Travel purposes which require B1/B2 Visas:
- Private yacht: You are a crew member on a private yacht
- Dry Dock: To perform dry dock repairs
- Outer Continental Shelf
- Coasting Officer
What is required:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months to travel to the United States
- Non-immigrant Visa Application – Form DS-160
- Application fee payment receipt