• Private Yacht Visa (B1/B2 Visa)

Who needs this Visa?

  • A citizen from a foreign country who wishes to join a yacht as a crew member, sailing out and cruising in the United States waters for more than 29 days.
  • The yachting industry is considered a private means of transport. Therefore, whether commercial or for pleasure, there is no set itinerary and requires a B1/B2 visa.
  • The standard crew member visa (C1/D) is primarily intended for airline personnel and commercial seafarers such as cruise ship, cargo, and ferry employees.

Travel purposes which require B1/B2 Visas:

  • Private yacht: You are a crew member on a private yacht
  • Dry Dock: To perform dry dock repairs
  • Outer Continental Shelf
  • Coasting Officer

What is required:

  • Passport valid for at least 6 months to travel to the United States
  • Non-immigrant Visa Application – Form DS-160
  • Application fee payment receipt

Contact Us